Lets get this 2021 party stared!
Updated: Feb 25, 2021
Happy New Year!
Zig Ziglar quotes; Motivation like bathing, we need to do it daily.
We all need a nudge in life now and then and as many are heading back to lifes challenges, careers, commitments and changes its perfectly natural to find your mind feeling a littler foggy or hohum.
So “HOW” do we push our restart button?
The easiest way is to discover what gets your fuel flowing. Ive run through a few ideas,simply use that which uplifts you.
WHO ARE THE MOTIVATED PEOPLE YOU ASPIRE TO?
Firstly these people are non related, yet very much left an impression, lead the way positively by their own validation. You identify with traits in their success that you can be influenced and inspired by. This person can be anyone from a sportsman-musician –historical person-- teacher- coach-someone you simply know and adhere to.
Secondly these people may be family...and motivate you from a point of pain or great leadership and achievement in whatever they did. You seek to follow in their footsteps, or to be better than they were. He/she may motivate you because of what they did was something you chose not to be.
WHAT IS YOUR INTRINSIC MOTIVATION?
INTERNAL MOTIVES: This is the type of motivation that drives you to do it to receive pleasure from within for it. A sense of satisfaction. This is often associated with endorphin.
The achievement based person- who says “I will feel better when I get that done” type. The person who is driven to completing a task- such as getting the essay finished, cleaning the house etc.
Also serotonin which gives you a sense of the “I know where I’m going feeling”. Then there is oxytocin, the “I know I’m loved” hormone can be a great motivator for some.
It has been quoted that man brings home a greater wage when he knows he has love to support him. (Slightly date this one )
WHAT IS YOUR EXTRINSIC MOTIVATION?
This type of motivation is more a reward feeling- A dopamine or reward based driver. If I go to work, I get paid money. I love money. If I study well, I will get a higher paying job.
INDENTIFYING WHAT UNMOTIVATES YOU?
No 2 people are the same- so this again is very much a personal choice.
1. Identify the people who are unsupportive, (toxic) or negative based.
2. People who are critical or closed minded are never going to offer you insightful ways to expand. These people are often in unhappy environments and will sabotage your success.
3. Fatigue- If you are genuinely tired- rest, or eat, or especially hydrate. Understand the symptoms and the cause before boxing it all into the “I’m tired” category.
4. False fatigue or (procrastination) is a cope out- it is not always easy being brutally honest with you. For all the false excuses, and distractions you can muster the only person in the mirror is you. Refer back to your 1 liner and get to it!
5. Lack of praise – many struggles to view the value, or have not the egoist drive to expand. Writing stick notes, or using pictures/photos to subliminally inspire you can really help with this. Also if needed ask a trusted person to support you. Often time helping another be motivated can be what you need too!
6. Lack of resources or understanding. Whether you think you can or think you can’t either way you are right (Henry Ford)
I have found that when you have set your goals or made up your mind, the universe has a way of conspiring in your favour.
Ask to borrow. Use 2nd hand. Share. Create your own. Use internet. Trade or barter. Do what it takes to make it happen. If you really want it, you will find a way.
7. Gossipy or judgemental people- you know the type..be mindful not to be one yourself.
8. Living in the past or in constant worry for your future. Liberation is key in reinventing your motivation...refer and re read page 1-2
WHO OR WHAT ARE YOU MOTIVATIONAL LEAKS?
Accounts or bills waiting to be paid.
A cluttered or unclean home
Being unhealthy or out of place emotionally within your self, when there is no gain.
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATIONAL SLOGAN?
Nike- “just do it”
L’Oreal- “because you are worth it”
The Warehouse- “where everyone gets a bargain”
A 1 line thought out slogan for you that remind your brain to control an action of what plans and directions you seek to make happen in life/love/career/health/family/personal development. Its a personal Mission/Vision statement. You are after all your own personal business.
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATIONAL SONG?
Choose a piece of music that when heard you instantly are lifted/energized/in love. The audio stimulates and reminds you of your worth/life/love/vitality and connection.
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATIONAL PICTURE?
Once chosen use it as a screen saver, wallpaper on line, vision board or picture board. A photo/picture that restores your emotions and allows you to visualize the joys in life.
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATIONAL SYMBOL?
In general it is a tangible object that can be held, or left where it acts as a trigger to stimulate a reaction.
An example might be, wearing a certain sports clothing or shoes, to get you in the action exercise mode.
A heart knecklace to remind you to be more loving.
A tatoo of your preferance, perfaps a lion to be strong., or a flower symbolizing rebirth.
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATIONAL COLOUR?
Choosing your specific ignition colour is very personable to you only. Many say red is a sign of increased energies. Once you have your preferred colour you can wear it, match it to your symbol, look for it in everyday life –all with the key trigger of spurring you on. As you can see by my logo I enjoy the colour green with the symbol of trees.
PERSISTENCE PREVAILS IN MOTIVATION
Even when you get impatient because you cannot yet see the end result continue onwards.
No matter what happens on the outside world. Don’t stop.
Any motivated entrepreneur will tell you that in order to succeed you must persist.
Heres the kicker- Life will test you. It will test your level of understanding.
It will test your level of commitment.
When you wanted to drive a car... think back- all those things to learn to do all at once, from changing gears, to breaking and indicating, steering and belting up..it was near impossible.
Did you say no, I can’t do this. I give up?
Or did you say, I will learn how to do this. I want it. I want my freedom and power to take myself anywhere I want in this incredible world.
I thought so.
Go get it..Yes U can! Its time to get your life party started!